On the Unregistered Podcast with Thaddeus Russell
This is a good one. We had an incredible conversation which I hope comes across. I think it does. And it turns out I'm bald. Who knew?
Watch and listen as Thaddeus and I cover a lot of ground including:
- What is sophistry and why I call myself a sophist
- What kairos is and ecological, embodied decision making (For ex, how do you know when to leave the sauna? When do lean in for that kiss?)
- Classical vs. Modern Rhetoric, or Fred Astaire (monumental) vs. Gene Kelly (anywhere, any time)
- The middle voice
- Psychedelics & hallucinations
- The plenum of affect (with reference to Leibniz)
- The icky way of adamance or in defense of Socratic irony in the age of Twitter
- I confess that I voted. Egad!
- Romance and marriage refracted through the infinite
- Love and the way of attraction
- Allen Ginsberg, Burroughs, and the Beats
- Crypto and the rise of the Information Age of Abundance
- And take my class on Nietzsche
Or audio, if you prefer: In Part 1 (see below), I proffer the conditions of the contemporary moment, what I'm calling the Age ...
It's a luxury to read great books, films, works of art. You get to jump in, kick around, then stand back and think while the thing s...
Arkady Plotnitsky who taught me Derrida in Philadelphia in 1989. When I was in college, I took a class on Derrida taught by the impecca...
"Make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning." In Tombstone , Wyatt Earp and his brother...
A thing is one thing that is many things. It is an assemblage point — a gathering together of diverse elements in a particular way. A rock ...
The set up is familiar: good girls flirt with bad, get in over their heads, learn a lesson — with some boobs and teen exploitation along ...