On Kierkegaard's Fear & Trembling
Just talking about one of my favorite books of all time as I discuss:
- Kierkegaard's strange authorship
- His stages on life's way — the aesthetic, ethical, religious one, religious two
- Faith as the suspension of the ethical
- The knight of infinite resignation vs the knight of faith
- Kierkegaard's beautiful reading of the story of Abraham and Isaac
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)
The Posture of Things
You're shopping for a chair. As you browse the aisles, you note the variety — from backless computer chairs to high bar stools to plush ...
It's a luxury to read great books, films, works of art. You get to jump in, kick around, then stand back and think while the thing s...
"Make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning." In Tombstone , Wyatt Earp and his brother...
Arkady Plotnitsky who taught me Derrida in Philadelphia in 1989. When I was in college, I took a class on Derrida taught by the impecca...
A thing is one thing that is many things. It is an assemblage point — a gathering together of diverse elements in a particular way. A rock ...
The set up is familiar: good girls flirt with bad, get in over their heads, learn a lesson — with some boobs and teen exploitation along ...